Sunday 8 February 2015

Day 4 Sunday=Rest Day

Last night was by far the best sleep in dayssssss.  I fell asleep just after 6pm and slept until after 9.  I then woke up had a shower and read for a few.  Went back to bed until after 6 this am.  It felt really good.

We layed around for the most part this am.  Kyle hit up the gym then decided we'd go meet the other patients meeting up at the cultural centre.  Only problem I forgot what time and where they were meeting....haha...oops.  So Kyle and I decided to walk over to the Cultural Centre and have a look around.  What a great place!  We started in the art gallery part, which even though so out of character for us was really neat.  Then scooted over to the part that showed the history of the Baja California area (where we are) So cool to look through all of that.  It was quite full and had so many different activies for the kids.  I was starving so we went for lunch at a buffett and then hit up the mall.  A really cute shirt for only 89mxn (6usd)  YES PLEASE....it was so cute :)

If anyone comes to visit we are so hitting up the mall...(insert sarcasm)...Kyle was such a great shopping companion :)  (oh and apparently don't stick your finger in hair products)

What I've learned today:

Tijuana is no different from anywhere else.  There were so many families out and about enjoying everything going on.

We are assholes who do not know the local language.  I want to work on that this week. We are in this county we should know how to communicate, everyone has been so nice to us.  It's only right we know how to communicate here.



Our internet was out most of the day and finally got to talk to Livi tonight. THis is now the longest I've been away from the kids.  It's not easier but I just keep thinking keep your eye on the prize and get your ass better......(oh and I thinkdon't kill your husband in Tijuana as I heard the "big jail" is difficult and I'll most likely get thrown in the slammer for a veryyyyy long time, don't think I'd do jail well)

Anywho,  hopefully tomorrow we can borrow our box of kitchen supplies and start cooking some small meals here in the room to save some mula.


FUCK YOU CANCER

I DO NOT HAVE A FUCKING EXPIRATION DATE MARKED ON THE BOTTOM OF MY FOOT.

Today instead of my HANTS COUNTY STRONG tag I think:

CANADA STRONG!!!! (seems fitting xoxoxox)

Much Love
xoxo



















1 comment:

  1. Hope you sleep as well tonight Lisa as you did last night. Kyle will be dreaming about winning his card game , :) sweet dreams to the both of you xo

    ReplyDelete